Friday, February 18, 2011

Doll for a Day

Today I had the chance once again to suit up and spend some time in doll-space. Lately I've had the craving to suit up every chance I can get. Work has been awfully slow as of late which has afforded me a good deal of time off. Today's fun coupled with the time I spent yesterday suited up I think has satisfied my need to enter doll-space. Both days I was able to get up early before the sun even came up and took an hour each day to get my gear in order while waking up a bit, then I'd make it a point to get suited up promptly at 7am each day. After getting all dolled up I then set about taking pics and shooting a couple vids. Yesterday I decided to wear my Body Glove neoprene wetsuit - something I hadn't worn in a while. The last time I slipped into it was when our heater broke down here at home and we were without heat for a couple days. It was really nice to wear then cause it was super snug and kept me fairly warm. For me there's always been a mega-attraction to dive gear and wetsuits in particular. I can remember when I was young and when I first saw some of the Sea World whale trainers swimming around in their custom wetsuits and thinking to myself "Wow, those look like they'd be alot of fun to wear!" It wasn't until I started poking around online that I discovered there was a tremendous amount of people online who also liked dive gear and a number of them also shared the view of it as a fetish. My friend Meli got me REALLY interested in it as a fetish / style when I started chatting with her online about it. She's a serious collector of all kinds of great wetsuits and dive gear, without a doubt she's the one person I can point to and say "she did it to me!" in regards to getting me into it as a fetish. I owe her a great deal cause not only did she get me into it but she also outfitted me with my Body Glove wetsuit! My vested interest in it has gone beyond simply liking the "look" and style of a form fitting wetsuit, I've now developed a serious love of the potential "kink" that can explored with the gear itself; breath control, masks, goggles, and even the potential for aquatic bondage with an air supply! My one hang-up has been that I've yet to actually wear my wetsuit in anything save the bathtub and shower... I know stupid, right? Awhile back one of the local BDSM groups in town were putting on a pool party and I had thought that would've been my chance to suit up and romp underwater in it, though sadly I ended up missing my chance due to work. I've gotten a few requests for me to make a new YouTube vid of myself in the wetsuit so I figured I'd do so while I had it on. You can check that vid out here.

I had another request for me to do another vid of me in doll-mode modeling my blue Danskin leotard. You can view that vid; here. Once again I suited up rather early and spent the entire day just relaxing and trying my best to stay in a positive state of mind. So many things have been on my mind lately and a good deal of it has all been negative. As it always seems to be, my doll persona happens to be a way for me to escape from the really real world and just tune-out. I guess there's always going to be that small percentage of people who can actually understand that - though I know for certain the majority of the people in the world can't really relate. Personally I think everyone gets bitten by the escapism bug. I mean thinking about it... escaping from reality even for just a short while can be super healthy for your mind - that is of course if it's not taken to the point where it becomes a full blown obsession. There's an infinite number of ways someone can plan their escape... I mean just look around, with as much "bad news" there is going on in the world it's no surprise that people find ways to divert their attentions away from that stuff and indulge in various vices and pleasures. An obvious diversion a good number of people seem to enjoy is video games, be it on a home console, in an arcade or on their personal computer. I know a bunch of people who seem to spend the majority of their free time playing games online which is pretty novel I think - like 20 years ago if someone were to tell me that in the future you could go questing for treasure and slaying dragons with a group of friends from all over the globe in a virtual fantasy land I never would have believed it. There's even an online community called Second Life where people can go to escape reality and be whatever they want. A good number of people use Second Life for just that; a second virtual self where they can live out a variety of fantasies. All things in moderation of course. I know the idea of being able to become the fetish doll of my dreams exists in a realm like Second Life; I really haven't gotten into it ever because for one my computer and internet connection won't cut it when it comes to running around in that world... and there's the fear that it will become a full-blown addiction! I can remember a time when I spent hours, days, weeks and months playing immersive video games - I'd come up for air and look at the clock (or calender) and be shocked at how much of my time and life a particular game had sucked away.

In a way I can't blame some people at all for indulging in something like Second Life. For some people it's the only way they can live out certain fantasies they may have. I'm fortunate enough to have been able to experience a number of my fantasies in real life over the years with different partners and friends. For me NOTHING beats experiencing something first hand and in all three dimensions. Though I would certainly take a virtual experience over no experience at all. Everyone seeks out approval from people and really when you find that "perfect someone" out there you'd like to think that you can be yourself with that person. That isn't always the case though, I know first hand how some people react to discovering that secret side of me that I don't share with everyone. I don't share it because not everyone understands. In a perfect world you can be whatever you want to be and nobody would judge you. It's to bad society hasn't evolved enough to let that be a reality. So people seek out others who share their desires and interests, they look for outlets to explore that side of themselves that society might reject. Finding a partner who indulges you and understands your desires and cravings is really difficult but I like to think it's worth the difficulty. For me, being collared by my Domme is a blessing for that reason. She might not understand all my fetishes and desires or the logic behind them, but She accepts me for who and what I am. I know that if I'm having a hard time that She's always there to listen, She's there to offer comfort and understanding. I have to remind myself time and time again that not everyone has that and some people never will. If one has to escape into a fantasy in order to keep themselves mentally healthy I say "GO FOR IT." There still has to be a balance in life but as long as you can recognize that fact then it's "all systems go!"