Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New vid posted




Since I've been spending so much time in doll-mode lately I decided to focus some energy on making a few vids for my YouTube channel. It's been a while since I've gotten the luxury of time off so I figured since I've had a couple new requests for vids that I should tackle a few of them. The wrench in the gears this time around has been the discovery that my old webcam was in fact broken. I plugged it into my laptop and recorded (or so I thought) a bunch of footage only find that it was no longer communicating with my Mac-Cam program on the laptop. Plugging the old webcam into my new iMac solved the problem - the cam itself is broken. All's well that ends well I suppose...

For my latest vid I decided on trying the cam that's built into my computer. I'm pretty happy with the quality of the image cause I didn't have to worry about the compression rate or trying to do a balancing act with the grain / contrast. This time around I also bit the bullet and tried out the latest version of Final Cut. I really like how easy it is to edit with and it has a lot of great transitions and effects which all seem to render in real-time. The only problem is that due to the fact that the cam is built into my screen I had to do a bit of maneuvering with the computer itself. I really need to invest in a good external camera; something that can do both good stills and quality video.