Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lichterloh


Beyond simply the feeling. Music relates so much and can evoke all kinds of things; imagery wonder and excitement, instilling within us courage and renewing a sense of purpose. More over it gets you moving - physically, mentally and spiritually. It's an odd thing how one feels a connection to a particular artist's album or individual song. All artists have a knack for conveying a message of emotion -otherwise they wouldn't be artists. Like in all things some just seem to do it better than the rest and I like to think it's cause they've experienced those things they express and aren't simply "phoning it in" as part of some contractual obligation for a hit single. Music brings life to a bland reality.

Recently I got a jolt from a song and in a blaze of inspiration my course was set for three days. I made it a point to work on more pictures and related media little by little each day. Having reignited my keen interest in photography while observing over my Domme's shoulder the last few weeks after working with Her on a photo shoot. It was also refreshing not only to be in front of the lens but also on the back end learning new ways to edit pics or throw some fun effects in. Sometimes my brain just hungers for something different so I enjoy launching myself into new hobbies which are stimulating.

Silly and terrifying how obsessive I can become when totally engaged; on a day off I was able to work over 12 hr on a series of shots, two wardrobe and lighting changes, plus toying around in GIMP and PS. While other stuff was going on throughout the next couple days after that I was still able to milk a bit more energy into some more photos and video. Figured since I was on what felt like a roll I'd invest as much free time into it. Its been a rewarding and stimulating experience.

There are a variety of ideas I have lined up in the que and now its only a matter of assembling the pieces and initiating the plan.